Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mushrooms growing on logs

Theses mushrooms have been inside my head for a while now. It's quite a relief to get them out and into 3D. Each mushroom is a mix of both new and recycled fabrics and they are fille with fibrefill.





 They are embellished with an assortment off new and old charms, beads, buttons and other little nik naks like crocheted ladybirds and flowers.


 


  I love to reuse old jewellery and clothing and I scour secondhand shops and markets for nice fabrics I can use.

 






 


 



Each one is totally unique and handmade by me. The logs are from young trees whichhave been coppiced to avoid overcrowding. The rings are clearly visible and there are in this group five rings in all.
 

They are for sale in my Etsy shop called MrsBellybuttonsfluff. There is a link top right of this page.

I really enjoyed making this first batch of mushrooms and am cerrtain to be making more as I have an idea for an entire pole covered in sprouting multi couloured fungi.












2 comments: