Saturday, June 8, 2013
These are my new garden mushrooms I made using the stumps of some trees we had to remove. The caps are made using an old anodised aluminium lamp shade and the other is a sheet of printed tin I had lying around. I shaped the tin over and old glass terrarium bottle. The tin wasn't as pliable as I wished but I am pleased with the final shape.
I cut the top off an old dolls head and filled it with compost and seeded it. Voila a few days later she has a new crop of green curls :) I also sprayed her a nice garden green colour. I believe she will look better as she ages.
The back fence is being decorated with ''faces'' made from old containers, Just cut the top off an old 5 gallon/liter container and add eyes for ''expression"".