Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Frames a work in progress


I bought 36 frames and now I am in the process of decorating each one in a different way.




 Some are just stained with coloured inks and others are coloured free hand with felt tipped pens and then a sealant over them. I have covered others in fabric and stuck on pieces of old jewellery and sequins etc.




My current project is decorating some frames I got at IKEA. They are just plain wood and are 5 x 7 inches in size. Over the years I have collected lots of beads and stones and little plastic objects and have long been looking for a way to use them.











 






Sometimes I go to a place in Rotterdam where you can buy factory waste like little rubber thingies that look like drawing pins or sheets of tins or coloured threads........all sorts of stuff. Each time you go there is something different.


When all 36 are finished I will be attaching them all to a piece of MDF and hanging the whole thing as a work of art using all the objects i have long been gathering. Some will have a busy frame and a more restful thing in the frame, some will be 3D, either the frame or content.



No comments:

Post a Comment