Sunday, September 19, 2010

Glass Buddah Head Lamp

I have a collection of heads..............I bit like Worzel Gummidge. I have hairdressers practise heads and ceramic heads and also glass heads in different humanoid shapes and Buddah heads.

For years I wanted to illuminate them.


 


 


 




I came across this second hand shelving unit from Ikea and set about realising my vision. I painted the shelves white to match the wall and therefore making them less 'visible'. I bought a set of lights with LEDS and all are on one piece of wire and I simply put one lamp underneath each glass head, one per shelf.

In the evening they give off a wonderful amount of colour and brighten up a dark area of my lounge.

The fotos here were taken in the daylight so you can just how bright they are even then.





























No comments:

Post a Comment